Courtesy of Jordyn Huckestein Travis Wall
Break the Floor dance company has terminated its relationship with Dallas choreographer Travis Wall, who was the subject of allegations of sexual misconduct in the Wall investigation by the Dallas Morning News.
“After concluding our investigation, Break the Floor has taken appropriate steps to deactivate Travis Wall’s contract with Break the Floor,” said Dennis McGraw, president of The Isley Group, the group that formed Break the Floor. The Step Up Group owns the talent company, which premiered the world premiere of “Dreams” at the Kennedy Center in 2012.
Wall is one of two men accused of sexual misconduct in the Dallas Morning News story that was published Thursday night.
Natalie Davidson — who had been the artistic director of Lovers, Not Peacemakers, a Dallas dance company that performed on the festival circuit under the Break the Floor brand — said that Wall and some of the company’s board members pressured her into resigning from her role. She declined to disclose any further details about the incident, but said in a statement: “Two years ago when I confronted him with these allegations, he took it personally. It’s not who I am. After a successful career, he was desperate to find a female to lead him.”
Wall has denied the allegations, saying that Davidson “had ended the relationship with me.”
Wall had trained at the School of American Ballet in New York and directed the American Ballet Theatre’s 2016 “Legends” season. He came to Dallas in 2013.
The company’s partnership with Wall dissolved on Friday, McGraw said, and the board of directors determined that it was the right action for the company.